How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 5978
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

We’d advice re an order to vary existing child arrangement

This answer was rated:

We’d advice re an order to vary existing child arrangement order and specific issue order I’m in Lichfield Staffordshire uk
JA: Who currently has legal custody?
Customer: I do
JA: Is there a child custody order in place?
Customer: Yes
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: my son has temporarily gone to live with his father and I have court papers re the child custody order delivered to me today but he has said there has been some form of abuse
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (47V12T5)
Hello, welcome to Justanswer.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I currently have residence order from
June 2012. Due to sons behaviour and many many issues accusations arguments and his wish to go to his dad I agreed for this to happen on a trial basis. After Xmas Thai year I’d be still wanted to go o said I would agree. Then today I have had all this paperwork and I don’t know what to do or what is expected from me
It is my pleasure to be assisting you today. I am a solicitor and I may ask for further information in order to determine a legal position.
Please note that I can guide you, justanswer does not provide legal representation and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thank you o have sent you the order I have received
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (V5T6G66)
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (43P4Q52)
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I believe I have to complete the last page and return but I absolutely refute the lies of abuse! I had a none molestation order and prohibited steps order originally it was the other way around and this is purely for financial gain. I’m not sure what I should be doing or how to go about it
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Are you there?
I may not respond immediately as i will be concluding another case, please bear with me. I will respond once done rest assured today.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thank you
Hi, I am going to read the attached now but normally JA does require a premium service payment for reviewing court or formal documents. If I see that it is extensive I will advise you if they will need you to make a small payment for the time to be incurred.
Hi thank you for your patience, yes you must complete the form and since you are clear you dispute the allegations with regards to
Safeguarding issues you will be indicating that you are defending the application. You will send this to court and serve a copy on the child’s father and if cafcass and social services are involved a copy to them. The court will consider and notify you of any hearing directions.
Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. I am always happy to assist further. Thank you for your contact to Just Answer. All the best.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Are you able to tell me as I am happy for tommy to now reside with his father (Tommys wishes) and I only want the best for him and his mental health etc do I have to go to court or can we agree this mutually via mediation? I do however not accept the points he has made re the abuse
Thank you for you message. You can agree a consent order and in your draft you state that the respondent does not accept that xxx( you detail what it is you disagree with) and you say however the following is agreed ( and you both state your consent for your son to go to his father). This will be filed with the court and if the judge agrees that would be the order
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Would that need to go through court? Could a solicitor do that or mediation etc?

Any agreement that you mutually finalise and not file with the Court where the CAO is via court will not really  help you as the CAO needs to be formally varied via the Court.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

Child Arrangements Order.

SolicitorRM and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you