SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I have filed an n208 order to sell my property as we have an

Customer Question

Hi,I have filed an n208 order to sell my property as we have an offer and my ex isn't signing due to a dispute over equity. This is before the courts at the moment.Afterwards, I am filing a TLATA claim as I have put in 100% into the property and she has put in none.What steps do I need tofollow in order to file a tlata claim and what claim form would I use and what would be the wording on the form?What would I be showing in the witness statement?Also most importantly, do I file the claim after the force of sale has gone through or at the same time (as I'd like the proceeds to be set aside with a solicitor).Thanks
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 15 days ago.
Hello, welcome to Justanswer.
I am a solicitor in England and Wales. It is my pleasure to be assisting you today. I may ask for further information in order to determine a legal position.
Please note that I can guide you, justanswer does not provide legal representation and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.
I may not respond immediately as i will be concluding another case, please bear with me. I will respond once done rest assured today.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi please can you respond or close the question so that I can re-ask it?
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 14 days ago.

Thank you very much for your patience. You would wait for the order for sale and you would file your claim for 100% if you are certain she has no evidence at all of any input into the household ( remember it is not just money contribution to the purchase price or improvements, contribution to household costs can be accounted for when you split up) then you use form N244 and yes you attach a witness statement where you include all your details to support the order that you seek and you also attach your draft order.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message, we are happy to clarify anything. Thank you for contacting just answer. All the best.