SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

I am taking my company pension now, is my wife entitled to

Customer Question

I am taking my company pension now, is my wife entitled to half if we divorce
JA: Were any of the assets acquired before the marriage? Or given through an inheritance?
Customer: One pension before marriage, the main one during marriage
JA: Where are you located? Divorce laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not at this moment this is about what happens to my pension
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 11 days ago.

Hello, how are you today?

My name is ***** ***** I am going to assist with your query. Let me just read your post. Things may be a bit slower today as it is a weekend, but please be assured I will get back to you with a response as soon as I can.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 11 days ago.

What are the other assets of the marriage?

Was your pension accrued during, before, or a bit of both during the marriage?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Not at this time
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 11 days ago.

The call offer is automated by the site - I am not available for calls. I will answer online.

Can you answer the two questions above please so I can assist.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I'm on the uk
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I would like to know if my wife is entitled to my company pension that I am already taking on divorce
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 11 days ago.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
House main one accrued during marriage
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Main pension
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 11 days ago.

Please actually answer the question in full - I need the information in order to be able to advise.

Also please answer this one: is the pension currently your only income? What is your spouse's income from?

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 11 days ago.

The bot***** *****ne here is that any assets accrued during the marriage will be part of the marital pot and available to be shared between both of you in the event of a divorce.

If you cannot come to an agreement between the two of you as to how the assets should be split, then one of you can apply to the court to decide. This is done after the decree nisi has been pronounced, but before the decree absolute. The court will decide based on the parties needs and the factors as listed in s25 of the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 11 days ago.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 11 days ago.

Thank you so much for using JA and allowing me to answer your query for you. If you have further questions about my responses above, please do feel free to ask them in this thread.

If you have questions on different topics, you can open a new thread and mark it for my attention by putting FORCustomerONLY in the subject heading, or choosing me as your preferred expert from your membership page.

All the best!