How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1406
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

My wife applied child arrangement order and also applied

This answer was rated:

My wife applied child arrangement order and also applied phohibited steps order, and court hearing day will be next Tuesday, I would like to ask some advice, thank you.
JA: Who currently has legal custody?
Customer: we both have legal custody
JA: Is there a child custody order in place?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: there is a non-melosation order she made against and it last till next year October, our son is living with her. She doesn't want me see our son so she made another application through court childarrangements live with order in her favour and a prohibited steps order on an urgent basis

Hello, thank you for contacting JustAnswer. I will be assisting you with your question  I appreciate that it is important that you find the appropriate answer as soon as possible.
Please note that my support on this site is for general information only and there is no intention to create a legal relationship. I will do my best to answer your question in the best possible way, I would kindly ask that you give me a moment to review your question and I will revert to you as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you.

So what support do you require here

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I would like to know how likely judge will grant this prohibited steps order? There is no chance for family MIAM yet.

A child arrangement application is a good idea to allow the court to engage with a formal  contact arrangement with your child.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
She made child arrangements application and also prohibited steps order same time

A prohibited steps order is to prevent you taking the child out of the jurisdiction. You should insist on a joint prohibited steps when you attend court. This will also prevent her from taking the children.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
OK, thank you, ***** ***** think judge will agree our son spend one day only a week with me? I know my wife not agree this proposal, she doesn't want me see our son.

The family courts will always encourage contact with father even if it is initially supervised in a contact centre. So this is a good thing. Was there any domestic violence.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
My wife said there was domestic violence, I denied

Ok as long as it is denied

frantzgregory and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
thank you