How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JeremyT1020 Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 568
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JeremyT1020 is online now

I Just wanted to get information and support about family

Customer Question

Hi, I Just wanted to get information and support about family issues I'm going through with me and the mother of my child. currently my child is living with her mother but she's giving me limited access of me seeing my child, I can discuss this further more if there is support for this type of matter.
JA: Has either parent's income increased or decreased significantly?
Customer: Our income has remained the same.
JA: Has the child maintenance service been contacted?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Limited access of me spending time with my child, can't able to take my own child out for any outing, walk etc. and my current place I'm living is too small to have my child to stay over.
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 5 days ago.
Good morning and thank you for your question. I'm a solicitor specialising in divorce, separation and children's matters so I'd be delighted to offer some guidance.I can't take a call at this moment in time although I'm happy to continue messaging. If you'd like to speak to somebody urgently, please let me know and I will opt out of this question.I'm sorry to hear your child's mother is being awkward. Please would you tell me how old your child is? How often are you seeing your child at the moment?Thanks, J
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi Jeremy thank you for your quick response, yes unfortunately things are quite awkward between me and the mother, my daughter is currently 8 months old, I'm seeing my daughter 4 days a week spending only 2 hours each day, she won't let me at all to take my daughter out I'm just limited to seeing my daughter at her Grandmother house where the mother is living currently living.
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 5 days ago.
Hello again and thank you for that additional information. When a child is less than a year old and the parents are separated, there is more of a focus on the child's contact being "little and often." It's a phrase you'd hear often if you went to court and I suspect that's what your ex-partner has been advised of she has a solicitor.That said, you should be able to take your daughter out and bond with her away from the grandmother's house. Has your ex given any reason as to why she won't allow you to go further afield?If you can't agree any type of plan as to how the contact progresses, you may need to consider going to mediation to discuss. If that doesn't work out, you may have to make an application to court for a Child Arrangements Order.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi Thank sagain Jeremy for your response, I would this discussion with my ex-partner of us attending a family mediation, if this doesn't work then I have but file a court arrangement order. Thank you very much Jeremy for your help.
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 5 days ago.
Hello again. That's right - you should always try alternative ways of resolving matters before going to court. I don't know if your ex would consider mediation but it is certain preferable to court plus a mediator could help you reach an agreement on a parenting plan with contact increasing as your child gets older. I do have every confidence that, if the matter went to court, a judge would make an order granting you increasing contact as your child gets older. Kind regards, J
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi Jeremy, I'm not sure neither if she will attend the mediation but I'm happy to know I can go through a court to gain access on increasing access to my child. Once again thank you very much Jeremy, hopefully things would workout, if there is issue or Any advice, would this be the best place to contact you for further information?
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 4 days ago.
I'm genuinely pleased to have helped. Of you do need any further assistance, please get back to me on here. I imagine this question may get closed after a few days so simply mark any new question FAOCustomerand I'll pick it up ASAP. Best wishes, Jeremy.
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 4 days ago.
Kind regards, J