How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 5978
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

Ex wants to see child 11- 6pm Sat and Sun but I said full

Customer Question

Ex wants to see child 11- 6pm Sat and Sun but I said full weekend has that arrangement hasn't worked well in the past. He's taking me to court. What are my chances?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in the family court?
Customer: I haven't done anything but Ex has filed for child arrangement order
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Im in Kent
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: just that Ex hasn't seen our change for months now because he wouldnt agree to my times
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 8 days ago.

Hello Welcome to Just Answer.

Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 8 days ago.

I am a solicitor and It is my pleasure to be assisting you today. I may ask for further information in order to determine a legal position.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
hi, sure
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 8 days ago.

Please note that I can guide you, justanswer does not provide legal representation and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 8 days ago.

Thank you for your patience. It is not easy to say what your chances are without more detail on your reasons for not accepting this. If there has been an order before and it has not been honoured and therefore the times do not work practically, you will allege this and you will also explain why it is not in the child's best interests for the parent to only have them part of the day. If the arrangement will also be difficult for you to facilitate given other commitments you should say so in your defence to the application.

Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 8 days ago.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. I am glad to assist you further or clarify anything. Thank you for contacting just answer. All the best

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
There was no order in place just verbal agreements of times he would pick up the child and most times he either doesn't show up or just comes late without no notice. And when I tell him to drop the child at certain times because I will not be around he will say no and yell at me hence why I requested he has her over the weekend so we can plan accordingly
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
plus I take my child to her grandparents every other weekend so he can her those times instead
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 8 days ago.

Thank you so in your defence you explain you have tried it via amicable agreement and it has not worked and that there are already other arrangements for the grandparents and to change that would be to disrupt the child's routine.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
also, I told him he would have to occasionally pick up from my parents which he disagrees
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
can and does the court mandate pick up locations?
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 8 days ago.

You must request it and give your justification and they will consider it.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
ok thx
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 8 days ago.

You are welcome.