How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3778
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

I got separated in June 2019, but since my ex didn't agree

Customer Question

I got separated in June 2019, but since my ex didn't agree to leave our house I ended up leaving in May 2020. I am renting a room for myself and still paying half of the mortgage of the house where he is with the kids. I get to see my kids 3 days a week and my daughter sleeps with me 1day of the week.
I started my divorce process at the court but now I need to fill the form E.
I am not sure how should I fill the form, if would be based on the time that we got separated or now? Because my situation got a little bit better now but only because I could be working more hours than before.
He made me loose a lot of money before and is where I need to find out how should I do this since was based on 2years ago.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RJM Law replied 13 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today.   I am the expert who shall assist you with this matter today.

Please note that our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.  If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised you will receive one by the end of the day

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question.  However please note this does not form a professional client relationship and we cannot provide representation, however, I would be hopeful that my guidance will be able to assist you.

Thank you

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok thank you
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Do I have to do my question again?
Expert:  RJM Law replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for the question.  Assuming this is form E1 you will want to give your current situation.   When looking at the property aspect you will want to mention you have been paying the mortgage.   You have a matrimonial right to the family home, so you will be able to obtain money back in respect of that.   Depending on each financial position, you may also be entitled to spousal maintenance.   There is no specific calculation for this, and the judge would make a decision on the matter.   If possible, you can look at taking advice on your own. Specific matrimonial entitlements and in doing so you may be able to come to an ex-judicial financial settlement with your ex-partner.   In relation the children, if you are not happy with the level of contact, you could seek a contact order in respect of this.   You would make an application using form C100.   This is perhaps something to consider.  I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland) (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.