How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-advocate
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 5895
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

I need instant answer if possible, no, England southampton,

This answer was rated:

Hi I need instant answer if possible
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in the family court?
Customer: no
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: England southampton
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: right now ASAP ??Customer: Chat is completed

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

What is your question? how may I assist?

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Without any indication of the legal issue I cannot assist you or even give basic general advice.

Please let me know if you still require assistance.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi I have just recently Separated with my partner and left the house. Nothing actually happened except her dad changing the tenancy to her name without giving me notice before hand ect. Long story I left as was best for everyone involved and to be the bigger person even tho I was the sole tenant.
Anyway I have now been asking for a week nonestop nicely about seeing my kids as I was and need to be involved in there life’s.
I was only having an amazing night in with kids alone a week ago playing ect ect. Now as she is in the house alone dosnt want to reply about the kids at all and I have rights don’t I ?? How do I go about it if she isn’t even answering my messages but texts about pointless stuff just not a single thing when I ask to see them.
I have a 4 year old daughter blood and on her birth Certificate and been so involved from the mament she was born.
I also have a 11 year old I took on from 5 years old.
I want to just go along and see her after school but feel I could ruin my hopes of seeing her sooner.
But as she is just plain ignoring me when I ask I don’t know what to do or how ??

Thank you for that additional information, that will be helpfull in allowing me to advise you today.

You need to call and speak with your partner calmly or email / text so you have written evidence of doing so.

Advice her that you want and need to see the children and despite what ever has happened between the tow of you you still need to be the father.

If she ignores this, then I would advice instructing a local family law firm. It may be possible to obtain legal aid that would need to be discussed with them.

The following link will allow you to look for a legal aid law firm.

Enter a local post code, select the area of law, ie family, crime etc and a list of local firms will be displayed, then all you do is simply call one.

They can write to your partner and advise her of your legal right to at least see your child.If she still ignores or refuses, then they can offer mediation  that you both attend then as a last result, they can commence legal proceedings at court for you to seek a formal child arrangements order for the court.That would set out who has custody, you , her or shared, how often and when and where the children can be seen etc.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Would I look bad if I just turned up to the school !??
Could it look bad in court. as I have nothing against me legally or anything like that at all ! I asked her to leave weeks before hand for smashing up a picture of my dead mum so she did. We got back together and then all this happened I left now it’s 7 days since seeing my kids

There is nothing to stop you seeing the children at school, but it does not look good at school if an argument starts there. Not good for you or the children.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Is there anyway other way I can ask for access. Also many thanks for t
Your help

Not really, you either need to reach an agreement with her, or go to court and seek a child arrangements order. That is the options open to you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Many thank james

your very welcome.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

james bruce and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you