How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JeremyT1020 Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 571
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JeremyT1020 is online now

I have an injustice for child support. My daughter been

This answer was rated:

I have an injustice for child support. My daughter been leaving with almost 2 years. Now she 18 years old and went to university,but they still taking in salary almost half. I called child support so many times to see the reason I am tutor of my daughter but they ignored me all the time. I all evidence during since last 2020.
JA: How old are your children? Where do they live?
Customer: Now she 18 and went to university.
JA: Is there an agreement for payment of child support?
Customer: The mother of daughter came here in London on 2012 and came here on 2016. As soon she knew I am she claimed for child support. They started deductions in my salary in 2018.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes, I have all evidence and prove I’m tutor and responsabilidade of my daughter since 2020
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I still waiting.
Good morning and thank you for your question. I'm a solicitor specialising in family matters so I'd be delighted to offer some guidance.I CANNOT take a telephone call at this moment in time although I can continue messaging. You'll receive a site-generated pop-up offering a call so, if you need to speak to somebody urgently, please let me know and I will opt out of this question and allow another expert to call you.First and foremost, please would you clarify - is your daughter currently at university? Have you actually sent your evidence to the Child Maintenance Service?Thanks, J
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No, I didn’t send it to Child Maintenance the evidence. Just called them but they said they investigated and they couldn’t get conclusions. I sent evidence to Child Benefit and gave reason, they pay me till my daughter got 18 and they stopped.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
What they saying is, my process closed but I still have to pay arrears. I don’t know when the mother of my daughter claimed for child support. I received a letter from Child Maintenance saying that the mother of daughter saying she doesn’t need anymore take deduction from me. But they said I still have to pay arrears.
Have the Child Maintenance Service confirmed when the payments will end? They will normally deduct maintenance until the child finishes full-time secondary education. A lot of the time this is until the child is 18 but it sometimes stretches until they are 19. Depending on what courses they undertake post-16, a parent could end up paying until a child is 20.If it's arrears, I'm afraid they can reclaim that for years in some cases. There is a formula they use but there are some special exemptions regarding deductions.
The most they can take from your wages is 40%.
How much do they say you owe?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The point is, they should be stopping by 2020. Cause my daughter been leaving with me and I was the of college before she went to university
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I was the tutor of my daughter in two college before she went to university and I all evidence and prove of residency.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Child Maintenance pretend take from me till next year around August or September.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
My wages is 800, for three years I been receiving 479.
In the first instance, you need to write to the Child Maintenance Service urgently. Nothing is going to be solved by inaction. You'll have to submit your evidence and keep a record that you've sent it. If, as you say, your daughter was living with you, then they need to recalculate the arrears that you owe (if any) ASAP.
Ultimately, the CMS will not do anything without hard evidence.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have hard evidence.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Everything, that is the reason Child Benefits gave me the reason less than 2 weeks.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok, already pay 49 pounds. Now can you please make me a letter to Child Maintenance I will give you the strong evidence and send it to them?
As I said in my first message, I cannot take a call at this moment in time.
I'm afraid the experts on Just Answer cannot write letters on your behalf. Just Answer is a simple Q&A forum with the option to discuss matters by telephone or review documents. We CANNOT enter into correspondence/litigation on your behalf as Just Answer is not a law firm.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok, thanks. But to be honest nothing was useful to me during this conversation.
OK. Well, I've given you the the steps that you need to take to solve the matter and raise an issue with the CMS. I think you'll either have to write a letter yourself with the evidence or appoint a solicitor to write on your behalf.You can claim your money back from customer services if you no longer want the phone call. Their number is ***** 64 9374 or, alternatively, you can send them an email.Kind regards, J
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** that you gave I already know it. It’s just I expecting more than this conversation.
Better stop by now.
I'm sorry if you thought JA could enter into correspondence for you. In any event, thank you for your question and for using Just Answer. Kind regards, J
Kind regards, J
JeremyT1020 and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you