Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I have 50/50 custody of my 3 kids with my ex partner. I

I have 50/50 custody of my 3 kids with my ex partner. I claim no maintenance form him, despite him earning 4x my income. He is claiming that I need to give him 50% of the child benefit for our children which I have always received. Can he demand that I give it to him, even though it would be detrimental to our kids welfare? He harasses me about it weekly.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in the family court?
Customer: No we have an agreement in writing, he bought it off the internet and made me sign it
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Hereforeshire
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My ex is a horrible person.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

No he is not entitled to 50% of the child benefit. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you. Can I stop him asking me for it?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
He is not taking no for an answer