plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I am the father and i have a CAO. unfortunately, mother has

Hi, i am the father and i have a CAO. unfortunately, mother has recently blocked my weekend contact and made allegations, gone to the police and social services. the allegation was that i kicked the youngest who is only 2 but my daughter who is 9 is apparently saying this happened. it is all lies and i am not sure whether it is mother or children lying as mother has historically made false allegations (in a non mol last year) that i was able to largely disprove and the kids have told tales about their mother (they told me they only change their clothes once a week and there is no hot water at home). mother said they were lying and i believe they were telling tales. now this kicking allegation has come in and contact has stopped and she's got solicitors sending letters back/forth.i have made the c79 application and they say they are applying for variation. anyway my question is about some stuff in their letters. their letter says that social services have told her that if she were to restart contact, an "assessment" would be needed. whilst they told me that they were not pursuing the matter further and when i asked about contact, they said they do not get involved and to seek legal advice. what would this "assessment" be? i know that through the court then. cafcass may assess and see the allegations but i dont see what the assessment could be? is it another lie?also, i offered to do a polygraph test if mother or court can pay for it. they said it is not admissible as evidence. i get that but i thought that was only true for criminal cases? can't polygraphs be used in civil/family cases when the parties and judge allow it? thanks

Good evening, thank you for requesting my help.

I’m happy to assist you today and I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information.

In relation to the specific questions you raise:

1. It appears this would be referring to a risk assessment. However, if social services have concluded that there is no further action/role for them then this makes no sense. I would suggest that you refer back to social services in person and see what they have said - it may be that your ex's solicitors are over playing this somewhat.

2. Family courts in the UK are not interested in polygraphs/ lie detectors. It doesn't sit well with judges and is not  something that you are going to be able to find support from the court with I'm afraid.

I trust this answers your questions?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
ok thanks. i put in my c79 last monday (with Help With Fees), when can i expect to hear? i read that they won't call me first if my fee exemption is accepted.... i have low income and 7 dependents and am not married... if i am not exempt then i dn't know who is!
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
i paid for the c100 last year but i wasn't paying child support to 5 of the kids. this time i really can't afford it as i've also put in the app for PR

Very happy to have helped.

I can't give a timescale for HWF applications I'm afraid. It shouldn't be too long though. Normally 1-2 weeks is fairly common.

Thank you for your enquiry today. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with requests for extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
ok thanks

My pleasure, thanks again for requesting my help.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
is it usual for allegations to be inconsistent? from what SS/ police and a letter from solicitors have said, all 3 have been inconsistent (and not just a little). i pointed this out and mother's solicitors denied this was the case!

No this is unusual. It obviously casts doubt the reliability of any allegations if they aren't consistent between reports to place/ SS/ solicitors.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
ok that's good i guess
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
it was also reported several days after the last time i saw them
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
hi, i have received a NOH, can you answer another question?

Hello - thanks for the contact. You can ask another question of course - simply post a new thread marker for my attention (plc legal) and I'll happily pick that up for you.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Unfortunately someone else got it
OK. You can opt them out if you would prefer me to answer. I am on line at the moment so can pick that up for you.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I would prefer that as I think they gone off

I've picked up the question - thank you for requesting my help.