How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3317
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

I am currently trying to have shared custody with my wife

This answer was rated:

I am currently trying to have shared custody with my wife the birth mother of our daughter Ava ..we are both on the birth certificate. The problem is iam being told when where I can see her and don't feel this is very fair for our child ?
JA: Do you agree about joint custody?
Customer: Yes 50 50 would be absolutely wonderful
JA: Has a custody order been entered or modified?
Customer: I have no idea as my wife left and took our daughter to her aunty we both have mental health issues I feel this is being used against me even tho I'm very capable of looking after Ava would love to just spend time without being told I need to be supervised when I actually do not
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Have had neck surgery due to an RTA which did cause me to have a breakdown but have taken all steps to get myself well mentally and physically ever since .

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Thank you

Hi there,

Children well being and best interest would be of paramount concern for the court while deciding about child custody orders. The Family Court has the duty to decide what is in the best interests of the child. If shared custody is in the best interest of the child, then shared custody would be granted.

The child’s emotional, physical and educational needs will be considered and how any changes in their circumstances will affect the child.

The child’s age, gender, characteristics and background will all be a factor in the decision process. The judge or magistrate will want to ensure that the child is safe from any possible harm and the parent has the ability to meet the child’s needs.

However, where either parent poses a risk to the child through alcohol or drug abuse , or any abusive behaviour, then the judge will be unlikely to grant them custody.

Taking any medications would not hamper your joint custody application.

Vineet S and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

you need further assistance, please let me know.

Thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Thank you I do not drink have given up for about a year almost I am having therapy and take pain relief for my injury only I have at this time smoking roll ups but always outside away from our daughter...thank you for all your advice very helpful and gives me more hope we can come to a good arrangement in time for the sake of Ava .

you are welcome. All the best . Enjoy rest of your day.