How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 8570
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

My sons in temporary care he is 6 he has issuses with the

This answer was rated:

my sons in temporary foster care he is 6 he has issuses with the father of the carers which have been affecting his behaviour one of his issues is when he picks him up after our contact with him hes upset in the back of the car and the father will tell him to stop or be quiet and switches the radio up louder to drown out him crying he does have other issues with his ears so it hurts his ears he tells him to switch it down and he dont . i have tryed to contact the social worker she never answers and other contacts is their any advice please its really affecting my son thankyou
JA: What steps have they taken? Have they filed any papers in the family court?
Customer: about what i dont understand ?
JA: The Family Lawyer will be able to walk you through that. Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do they live in?
Customer: who the foster carers live ?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: how do i move forward with this matter thankyou

Good evening.

My name is ***** ***** I specialise in family law. I’m happy to assist you today and I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information.

I'll do my best to resolve this for you, please give me time to review your question and I will revert back to you shortly.

Please bear in mind though that this is an email service and not live chat and therefore I may not respond immediately.

Can you tell me is this under a court order or a section 20 agreement?

When is the next LAC review?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
court order i think next court hearing 4 feb 2022

Thank you - there should be a LAC review before then which is a different timetable to the court hearing.

Are you represented in the court proceedings please?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
what is lac ?

LAC stands for looked after child. There have to be regular LAC reviews with social workers, foster carers, parents etc that is in addition to the court time table.

Do you have a lawyer acting for you in the proceedings?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
but i never hear from them they have not been helpfull but the barrister was ok
joseph has been their 3-4 mths we never get updates if their is a problem with joseph i see they never respond i just want him to feel that someone is looking out for him as he says no one listens to him

I understand. As you are represented you should raise the concern through the solicitor, who should deal directly with social services' legal team.

It could also be raised at a LAC review, which is why I mentioned this.

If your solicitor is not helping, then report the concern to the duty social work telephone line - there should be a telephone number to report concerns about any child in care which you can find online at the local authority's website.

If you report this as a safeguarding concern to the duty team it should get escalated more quickly.

I hope that this helps?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
i have no number for this contact also ive never heard of lac at all should we been told about this thankyou
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
would you say in youre legal capacity that my son is being let down by the services

You should know about LAC reviews.

I would say if you have a valid concern then this needs reporting as it is a safeguarding issue. As to the strength of a case against the Local Authority that is something I cannot advise on through a general advice forum.

Which local authority area are you in please?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
cornwall we never get told anythink were always in the dark

here are the numbers for you...

The Out of Hours Social Work Service is for:

  • children, young people or families experiencing immediate difficulties
  • people who have an immediate concern for the safety of a child / young person

You can contact us at: 01208 251300

The Out of Hours Service does not deal with routine requests

Non urgent requests should be referred to the Multi Agency Referral Unit at 0300 1234 101.

I trust this resolves your question here tonight?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
i would like to say a big thankyou for youre answers really appreciate youre time thankyou

My pleasure.

Thank you for your enquiry today. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with requests for extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you.

plclegal and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you