How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6557
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

My daughter disclosed to the cafcass officer that her father

This answer was rated:

Hi. My daughter disclosed to the cafcass officer that her father was touching her in the past. There is Social service involvement with my case. they had strategy meeting. My daughter hasn’t seen her father since May. I asked the social service to send me the minutes of the meeting but they said they can’t share it but my responsibility is to decide if my other child (10year old one ) can go to see her father or not. They said that my daughter’s disclosure did not reach the threshold so there is no further investigations by the police. However I would like to see those report but I cant. Can I report my daughter’s disclosure and my concern to the police separately to make sure my younger daughter is safe to visit her father ir just simply stop her to see her father? Our second hearing is due in January, there is no court order yet. I am a victim of domestic abuse. Both my children under child in need plan.
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in the family court?
Customer: we only had 1 hearing in August. Only undertakings reg visitation. Both of my children can’t leave the country at the moment due to child abduction ( father stopped them) i am a primary care of my children
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do they live in?
Customer: South east London
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: we have non molestation occupation undertakings, I applied for relocation as we supposed to move back to Hungary this year. Cafcass has already interviewed us, both my children wants to move back to Hungary and live with me. Section 7 report will be provided by Cafcass however there is social service involvment.
Hello, welcome to Justanswer.
I am a solicitor and I will be reviewing your question.
Please note that I can guide you, justanswer does not provide legal representation and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you call me back please
Thank you for your patience. There is no call activated on this thread unfortunately. Let me read the information you have provided.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you

I am very sorry to hear of your situation. Your children’s best interests come first and if you feel that your daughter could not have made it up you must report to the police and you could apply for a specific issue order and request that the father is not allowed to see the girls until a certain age or on condition he is supervised. It may not be the threshold for criminal charges but any violation of your child has significant consequences for the child and you should be able to get them protected.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. I am glad to assist and clarify anything. Thank you for contacting just answer. All the best.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for the clarification. I was confused if i can make a further step on my own outside of the social service arena

You are welcome and yes you can, social services try but they are my perfect and if you see that you need to do more for your children you just have to try, the worst that can happen is being redirected but the officials will have made a note of your concern

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do i have to answer back to his solicitor email? They are sending their emails via post as a hard copy!
Above I meant they are not perfect
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
INo problem

What are they wanting?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Change the visitation schedule and having family therapy
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not wish to change anything as this is the best interest if my children. They were under Cpp and thankfully they are safe and more settled with me.

You can reply them and if you do not agree say so and say why. Also tell them if they are sending by email can they not send by post as it duplicates your work.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do I really need to answer?

Well, you can’t just ignore their correspondence, they will use this against you. You could simply reply and say you do not think you should answer as you are focusing on looking after the girls and you do not believe what they are suggesting is what your girls need.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thank you very much for your help . Have a good evening..

You are welcome and you too, keep well and safe.

SolicitorRM and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you