How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3550
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

There. My friend has a 2 year old daughter he is constantly

This answer was rated:

Hi, there. My friend has a 2 year old daughter he is constantly blocked from seeing, the mother has primary custody and will allow visitation if she feels like it or if it's beneficial to her. He wants to look into getting visitation rights and not sure where to begin.
JA: What's the reason being given for denying visitation?
Customer: Often time no reason, she just won't answer her phone or door. My personal opinion she wants her family together and using her daughter as a bargaining tool.
JA: Has an application to enforce the order been filed?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not to my knowledge. Sorry I have never been through this process before

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you very much for your response. I will await a further response.

Hi there,

If your Friend and his Ex- partner no longer together and she is not allowing your Friend to see her daughter then your friend need to make arrangements order regarding his daughter.

Your friend and his ex-partner can avoid going to court hearings if they mutually agree on:

where the child will live

how much time she’ll spend with each parent

Your friend can agree on child maintenance at the same time

If they both are not agreeing on the child arrangement conditions, your friend can go for a mediation service to get help in preparing to make arrangements and reaching an agreement with his ex- partner.

So, if your friend and his ex- partner do not agree on where the child live, her custody & contact, and financial support your friend can take the help of a mediator, local citizen Advice Bureau.

If they are not able to reach an agreement mutually or with the help of a mediator, your friend can apply to the court for child arrangement order.

However, he must show you’ve attended a meeting to see if mediation is right for them before applying to a court.

Your friend can approach your local council /citizen advice bureau , most of them have family mediation services.

Else you can find a local mediator using the below weblink-

If the issue could not get resolved amicably or with the help of family mediators, then your friend can apply for child arrangement orders by filling form c100 , for court to decide on the contact /custody of the child.

For child arrangements orders please click the below web link-

If your friend is on a low income or have low savings, or in receipt of benefits then also fill out form EX160 as this waives the court fee which is £232 .

I trust this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you so much for the answer it was helpful. looks like I will advise him to start with citizen advice. The mother has not been open to trying to come to a mutual agreement. she also has a new partner which is not helping the situation.

Yes, he need to first try to get the issue resolved amicably or with the help of family mediation, if the matter fails to get resolved then approach the court

If you have any follow-up question, please let me know

Thank you. Have a nice evening.

Vineet S and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you again. You have a good evening. Will a copy of this transcription be sent to me automatically?

The answer gets saved here on your Just Answers platform , you can access it by logging into your account/your answers.

You can save the answer in your personal drive for future reference.

Thank you. Best wishes.