RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

I am planning on getting married in tunisia, is swearing an

Customer Question

I am planning on getting married in tunisia, is swearing an affidavit of being single at the british embassy in Tunisia the same as having a CNI, I am struggling to find the information on the government site
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have all other documentation that is required
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am a UK citizen planning to marry a tunisian national
Expert:  RJM Law replied 17 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today. I am the expert who shall assist you with this opportunity

Please note, our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.

If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised I may be working through other matters however you shall receive a response as soon as I am finished with any live. However please be assured I will get back to you.

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question which should assist in clarifying matters and navigating the legal system. However, please note this does not form a professional client relationship.

I look forward speaking with you and providing help.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 17 days ago.

Thank you I have read your information.  Can you tell me what your question is specifically please?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
When looking at information that is needed on gov site it takes you through a tool to see what you need to do as a uk citizen going to marry a tunisian national in Tunisia, following and answering the questions on that, it says I need to go to the british embassy and do an affidavit to say I am single, I have made an appointment to do this but I have also been told by other people that I need to have a CNI certificate besides this but I can't see anything on the gov site that gives me the information if these two things are the same thing or two separate things I have to do and if the CNI certificate is what I am getting by doing this
Expert:  RJM Law replied 14 days ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** need both, some countries will accept an affidavit in place of the CNI certification.  Therefore if their own countries embassy is starting you need the affidavit then this will suffice for satisfaction.  Should you need anything further they will make you aware of this prior to it being needed but the affidavit will. be legally binding.  

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area. This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful. You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ (England)

https://www.lawscot.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/ (Scotland)

https://www.lawsociety.ie/Find-a-Solicitor/Solicitor-Firm-Search/ (Ireland)

https://www.lawsoc-ni.org/solicitors (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thankyou for your help
Expert:  RJM Law replied 14 days ago.

You are very welcome and I wish you all the best.