james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Question 6

Customer Question

question 6
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
How do I answer Question 6 of the petition for divorce?
Expert:  james bruce replied 17 days ago.
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter. 

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

Are you completing the D8 form?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
For question 6, it says
In the event of a decree nisi being granted on the basis of two years' separation coupled with the respondent's consent, do you intend to apply to the court for it to consider your financial position as it will be after the divorce?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I am not sure the implications if I say Yes or No here

Which form are you using.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I am the respondent. I am filling up Acknowledgement of Service (Form M6)

So not the D8 form as asked?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Nope. Sorry about that. Can you explain to me for Point 6? Should i answer Yes or No.

can you attach a copy of the form you are using as it may be an old form and not current version

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Question 6
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Is it ok

OK, do you also have the D8 form that would have come with this. Look at section 11 to see if other side has asked for you to pay the costs

Do you want the court to consider your financial position after divorce? or will you both sort this between you. if so answer no.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Sure

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
In the envelope i received, there is this Form M6, a copy of D8 form filled by my ex. I only need to return the single sheet of Form M6 back to the court by post right?

correct

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The copy of D8 form is just for my keep.

That is correct that would be the copy served on you to keep.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Also when i submit this Form M6, the financial order for the Petitioner and Children is still not confirmed right? I can still work it out with my ex on this?

Yes you can. Financial arrangement can take place after.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok sorry for the trouble. In summary, this Form M6 is just to notify the court that I have been notified of the petition and agree to proceed with the finalization of it.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
However, how we are going to settle the financial part will take place after and nothing is confirm at this point.

Yes that is correct.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
After submitting this M6, I will then work with my ex to confirm the final financial order as well as custody agreement, then submit both to the court with both signatures to complete the entire application.

Yes, correct. If the two of you ultimately cannot reach an agreement then you can go to the court to sort it.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.