Solicitor4All
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I have a sister-in-law who is in a home with dementia. I am

Customer Question

I have a sister-in-law who is in a home with dementia. I am next of kin with Power of Attorney. I have her bills to pay but I have not yet had a diagnose from the hospital as to whether she is able to go home. I do need a little reassurance
JA: What steps has your sister-in-law taken? Has she filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I don't understandthe question she has dementia and is unable to make decisions
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does your sister-in-law live in?
Customer: Surrey
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: She owns a bungalow and this is my delema as to whether I have the authority to sell The paperwork has not been returned fo the Power of Attorney
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 17 days ago.

Hi, I’m Solicitor4All, a law Expert with over 15 years of experience practice. Thank you for the enquiry. It is my pleasure to assist your with this today.

Thank you for your patience. You should not look to sell if she has not been confirmed to need full care home residency. She may be discharged to go home and if you have sold her home where wild she go. As power of attorney you will be able to make decisions on her behalf however you need to be certain that is a decision in her best interests and it sounds prematurely if the hospital has not said she is going to a care home or back home. They should tell you as you are the POA.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. I am always glad to assist you and to clarify anything. All the best.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I don't wish to call I just want to know if you could tellme who to ring at The Royal Surrey Hospital to find out if my sister-in-law is incapable to live on her own
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
She is in a care home at the moment and has been for 5 weeks she was sent there from the hospital and now the care home need money. This is the problem she has a little money which won't last long I do need assurance from an authority that she is not going to be able to live on heer own. Do you have any numbers fo the Royal Surrey Hospital

No I do not you need to call their switchboard and ask to speak to the sister in charge of her ward or rea enablement team if they one based at the hospital.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I wasn’t satisfied with your answers so
I shall
I not need
Your services

No problem. Sorry we couldn’t help. What you need is directory services.