How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31555
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

Following my question yesterday regarding an injunction, is

This answer was rated:

Following my question yesterday regarding an injunction, is there a way where you can request an injunction for more than one individual (not related to the person who is being targeted). How does that work and also what is the process for the N16A form? On it states that this form needs to be used as part of the process (not on its own) and I am not sure what this means? Thanks so much, Emma

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

May I confirm on what basis you would seek an injunction against an unrelated party please?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hello Joshua, thank you. It’s in relation to harassment, bullying and stalking.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hello Joshua, I wondered if you had a reply to my query, please? Thank you, Emma

I'm very sorry for the delay in reverting to you. For reasons unknown to me, the thread was closed meaning I was unable to respond. I'm not sure if this was at your request. I requested that is reopened. May I continue to assist in respect of the above?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
please Joshua, I hadn’t required the query be closed so really appreciate your help in getting the question re opened.

I'm very sorry - I have no idea why that happened then. I'm grateful for your patience and apologise for the inconvenience caused.

May I clarify if you have already made an application for an injunction against one individual or whether you have not yet made an application for an injunction please?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hello Joshua, thank you. I can confirm that no injunction requests have been made yet, however, this has now become urgent as it’s been 3 months and my sister receives abuse on a daily basis, which she understandably finds really stressful.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hello there, can I please have a reply to my question?
I am very sorry for the delay in reverting to you. For reasons that are not clear to me this thread keeps getting closed meaning I can't reply to it. I did prepare a reply but was unable to post it due to the above. 

The reply I attempted to post was as follows:

Thank you. It is open to you to make a claim for an injunction against more than one individual and if this is on the same facts and you are making an application for the same injunction but against more than one individual, this can be achieved by simply issuing the claim form against more than one claimant. 

As you will be aware, you cannot apply for an injunction using form N16A on its own but rather, need to issue an application using form N16A together with usually form N1 or occasionally N208 where there is no dispute as regards facts. 

Form N1 (or if applicable N208) allows for you to include more than one claimant and more than one defendant:

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Thank you so much Joshua, I really appreciate you replying on your weekend. That’s so helpful x
I'm glad the above answers all your questions for now. I am sorry once again for the technical issues and consequent inconvenience. If you have any follow up questions please revert to me.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Thank you Joshua, I will do that and no trouble at all, not your fault. Have a lovely rest of the weekend.
I'm very glad the above was of some assistance
I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favourite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.

Joshua and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you