ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

Both me and my husband have asked to be intervener re

Customer Question

Both me and my husband have asked to be intervener re suspected abuse on our 6 month old granddaughter by her father, as we cared for our granddaughter in the days leading up to the abuse. We are worried about the implications of being an intervenor as if the Court feel we have been involved due to timings of the bruises etc we be prevented from seeing the rest of our family/Grandchildren – could this happen?
JA: Who has legal custody? Is there a custody order in place?
Customer: The local authority have an interim care order and the baby has been with foster carers since the age of 3..5 weeks. she is now 7 months old.
JA: What state are your grandchildren in? Family law varies by location.
Customer: Hertfordshire UK
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: We are applying for legal gaudianship if my daughter is not able to have her daughter back.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.
Hi welcome to justanswer
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am unable take a phone call at present
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. I am sorry to hear what has happened I know the entire process can be quite challenging.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.

The benefit of being a party however is that should your daughter not be considered fit for the child to be returned to her, both you and your husband may offer yourselves as candidates.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.

I do not see any adverse consequences affiliated to you being a intervener in the proceeding. It is likely that whether you are a party or not, if the child was with you then an assessment would be done to involve you.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Which we have and we are being considered for special guardianship in the event that should happen. Would being an intervenor require us getting a legal representative, we were not a party to the abuse at all, we just cared for her for a few days before the incident?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.

I do not think you need legal representative.