How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MaurizioC Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 119
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
MaurizioC is online now

I've got a question regarding the special education needs

This answer was rated:

Hi, I've got a question regarding the special education needs school.

Hello, I'm an adviser with JA and I will try to help you.

Please note the following:

  1. Do not provide personal information/data here. Please note that, under UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
  2. If you request a call, this can be either with me or with another expert that is available to pick your request.
  3. This service is intended for general information only, not advice, and does not include the examination of documents.
  4. JA does not provide legal representation and no client/lawyer relationship of any kind will be established.
  5. If you need (urgent) legal representation or advice, or answering your question requires the examination of documents and/or non-straightforward activity that falls outside the remit of this service, you should consider consulting a solicitor – and/or a barrister as the case may be – which you can look for at the following links:


Can you please post your question again?

For some reason, I cannot see it in the chat.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hello, I've got a question regarding the school of my son. EHCP assessment, I don't know what I will do if my son is accepted and changes the school.

At what stage of it is your son? Completed?

If the Local Authority Special Educational Needs and Disability (LA SEND) Service decide that the child’s (or young person's) needs cannot be met from the help and support available from the current school or setting, they will issue an Education Health and Care (EHC) plan.

If the decision is that the plan is not needed, the Service will explain this decision.

Information and advice from the completed assessment will be used to write a proposed Additional School SEND Support Plan, which will include details of the extra help that should be available to help the child to learn and make progress.

At any point in the assessment process, the parents can talk to, or meet with, the EHC plan coordinator to discuss their concerns and a find a way forward.

Parents, carers and young people over the age of 16, can ask for mediation or dispute resolution to be provided with independent advice.

Parents and carers also have rights of appeal to the SEND tribunal at particular points in the EHC needs assessment process: information on making an appeal can be found on the First Tier Tribunal website, at the following link:

I hope this information is helpful and I wish you the best.

Please do not hesitate to contact JA again if you need help and you may ask to speak with me directly if you wish.


Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks for the information.

You are welcome.

MaurizioC and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you