How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-advocate
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7215
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

I've got a question regarding my son's school and possibly

This answer was rated:

Hello, I've got a question regarding my son's school and possibly the new one.
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter. 

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

How can I assist?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I agree to do an assessment for EHCP, and I think my son will end up in the new school very soon.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The problem is that my son is not welcomed in this school. Mainly because of the parents and their kids. This is something that everyone knows.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The cause of this is not my son but my person, which is evident to everyone.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I want to say that parents and their kids are not very happy to see us there every day. They expressed their hate towards me many times, but I have never reacted.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
In regards ***** ***** school, there is nothing wrong, and I was happy for my son to be there because the teachers are great and the staff.

It is great news that your son has been accepted at the school and that staff are good.

Unfortunately, there is very little that can be done about the parents and other children.

No one can make them accept you or your son, that is life.

Should your son be bullied in school, then certainly staff can then take action to stop that, but out of School, nothing they can do.

If parents harass you either in or out of school, harassment, verbal abuse etc the report that to the police, but unfortunately if it is a case of the just dont likel you and your son or will not accept you , then there is nothing that can be done.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Absolutely but the assessment I agreed to do is the school proposition, and I'm not 100% sure that he is a kid who needs exceptional help. He has some issues definitely, and I'm struggling with him, but it looks like no one wants it and it is not just hate. The issue is that I was born different and I don't fit any of the categories, either man or woman, and I have a child. I was also accused of changing my gender, which has never happened in my life. I'm just scared and worried that even if I appeal the decision. There is nothing I can do.

Unfortunately, people are mean, bigoted, and ignorant of others needs, it is really upsetting when this happens, but unless it is direct discrimination then authorities cannot do very much, it is sadly a sign of the times and the world we live in.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Well, sadly, you are right, but I'm also an immigrant who has no one and no place to go. It's just scary, especially from one of the parents and other people I heard for 1.5 years that I would be removed from this country, and there is no one to talk to about it. Maybe there is, but I have not found one.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Although later, I received the papers that we could both stay.

That is good that you have the papers.

Maybe a local church club, group etc. the may even have a youth club who could help you son

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

james bruce and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you

Your very welcome.

Good luck and take care.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Actually, there is one more question. Can settled status be revoked? If yes, what are the reasons?

It is possible to lose pre-Settled Status or Settled Status in a number of ways. The status could be lost due to long absences from the UK. For pre-Settled Status, if you are outside of the UK for 2 years or more you automatically lose the status, or if you commit serious criminal offence.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Oh, okay. Thank you.

your welcome.