How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-advocate
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7230
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

My partner split up with me because according to her she

This answer was rated:

My partner split up with me because according to her she wants to work on herself. I was paying the rent and a majority of the bill when we lived together. However as we are no longer together I don't think I have to pay for her up keep but only for the babies. How much would I have to pay?
JA: The answer cost depends on the issue and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit. What steps have they taken? Have they filed any papers in the family court?
Customer: No they haven't
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do they live in?
Customer: I live in Southampton Hampshire
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am self employed on a directors salary
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter. 

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

Sorry to hear what is happening.

Are you married or just partners?

How many children are involved?

What is your income?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
We are not married
Have one daughter she will be 2 years old in August
My income is just over £750pm
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you

Thank you for that additional information, that will be helpfull in allowing me to advise you today.

Based on the information supplied, if your partner were to go via child maintenance services, then based on the £750 a month, you would pay £84.20 a month for child maintenance

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you very much

You are welcome.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No that's everything thank you very much

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

james bruce and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you