How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4394
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

I had an indry in 2014 couldn't work for almost a year then

Customer Question

I had an indry in 2014 couldn't work for almost a year then went back to work on and off, all them times I was paying child sport while I was back at work, I got compensation in 2018 the child support team use a court order to revoked over 9k in 2021 regarding back date without notice. they refused to look in the case and I also had a letter in 2018 saying the case was closed.
JA: How old is the child? Where do they live?
Customer: they not living with me for over 13years am not allowed to see the it's two different case
JA: Is there an agreement for payment of child support?
Customer: I ask for dna il have to pay for ut it
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I haven't seen them over 4 years now am still paying csaCustomer: Chat is completed
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.
Hi welcome to justanswer
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
nothing at the moment
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. Not seeing the children and the paying of maintenance are two different issues. Once you are named as father you are legally required to pay child maintenance. If you fail to honour these payments it can have adverse consequences.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.

If there are concerns with respect to whether these children are yours you must do the DNA test. The cost is usually borne by the person who request it. So, in these circumstances as you have requested the test the responsibility is with you to pay.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.