How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4405
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

My husband has an enduring power of attorney made in April

This answer was rated:

My husband has an enduring power of attorney made in April 2007. he now has suffered a severe stroke and i need to use this power to control his affairs. he has been in hospital since feb 2022. How do i do this?
JA: What steps has he taken? Has he filed any papers in the family court?
Customer: I don't know
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does he live in?
Customer: We are in Norwich Norfolk
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Such as what do you need to know?
Hi welcome to justanswer
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
do I need a solicitor to say that he is now unable to manage his affairs himself?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I just need an answer
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I cannot send more money

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. I am sorry to hear what has happened. You do not need a solicitor for this. You may apply to be his deputy. This will give you the authority handle his affairs.

this is how you would go about applying.

You may use a solicitor however if you are unable to do the application yourself.If you decide to use a solicitor one may be located via the below link:

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

ReadyLaw and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you for your reply which was indeed just what I wanted to know. I am awaiting a visit from my so( who lives many miles away from us) at the weekend who will help me the application.

Noted with thanks.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
My son printed the appropriate forms and they are now being sent to son No2 for his signature. Thank you for your help

You are welcome