plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

If possible, plclegal only. Peter I need urgent advice

If possible, plclegal only.
Hi Peter I need urgent advice related to First Appointment Hearing on Friday. Appreciate if you can call me anytime, day or night. 07871 932478 Dan Dambagolla (registered member).

Hello and thank you for the question. I’ll do my best to assist you and provide an accurate and speedy response. Please bear with me as this is an email service and not live chat. Also note that the discussions here are for general information purposes only and do not constitute a lawyer client relationship.

I’ll review and come back to you as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi Peter it's Danagain
Hello again. I’m not going to be available until the morning for a call, I can make around 10am though. Is that acceptable?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
For the First Appointment Hearing on Friday. Need some info urgently tonight. Happy to talk to you tomorrow, but have to talk to someone this evening .

OK - if you let me know what information you need tonight I can reply by message and then follow up with a call in the morning. I hope that helps?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Good idea. But too much to write though. Need to talk to someone this evening, as urgent.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Appreciate if you can someone sleep else to call. Just need hearing process, procedural info for Financial remedy.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I mean if you can arrange someone else to call me
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am behind with paperwork. Plan to email tomorrow morning. Other party emailed me the bundle and the questionnaire. Need procedural info.

OK - I have rearranged and found time, I'll call shortly.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

It was good to speak to you again.

As we said, focus on the information the court needs - make sure you have the questionnaire and chronology with the court ASAP.

It is helpful that the court have allowed to submit these in the morning. Dopn;t abuse this help by being late with the documents.

In terms of what should be in them - the chronology should be in bullet point form. Keep it simple and know that you can argue the detail at a later date if needed.

The questionnaire we have already covered in a previous thread.

If the other side continue to pursue false allegations you can say:

"Excuse me judge. The other side are seeking to introduce matters that are not relevant here and also not agreed. There have been no facts proven as part of this petition as all allegations my wife made in the petition were withdraw in return for me not opposing the petition. Nothing is proven, I would dispute it all. But, is this really relevant to the issues the court needs to decide? I would appreciate your guidance on this matter. Thank you".

Hopefully that his helpful.

Best of luck.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I was totally lost before I talked to you. Now you have given me the guidance I needed and the confidence. Thank you ever so much! Dan Dambagolla.

I'm always happy to help and I hope to be able to continue to do so for as long as is required. Take care and best of luck for the hearing on Friday, though as I said nothing determinative will happen, it should just be a case of setting out what needs to be done before the next hearing.