How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 8977
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

To plclegal Peter, hope all is well. Peter, hope all is

This answer was rated:

To plclegal
Hello Peter, hope all is well. Hello Peter, hope all is well. The mother of my children is trying to force me into allowing my son to complete their education in the private school.I informed the private school that I wanted to move my boy to join his sister in her public school. I don't want him to attend the private school any longer.Mother and gone ahead and cancelled the public school application.She does not currently give her permission for my son to transfer to another school, the school is unable to continue with the admission. They require the permission of both parents, separately and in writing, within 5 school days, or a copy of a court order confirming I am able to make an application without reference to her. If they do not receive this, the offer will be withdrawn and the application cancelled.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have come to the realization that my ex doesnt care about the children education, she's only concerned with the social meeting with other mothers for wine drinking/coffee drinking after school runs. The final straw was when I registered the children for after school tuition, and she encouraged them not to attend. I wanted them to gain entrance in to grammar school, I feel I am wasting the money. She tried to get my consent to apply for a bursary, and I refused. the School cost 12k per year per children , she has also spoken to other parents who have volunteered to pay for my son, I refused the offer. I want him in a public school. I would need to apply to the family court in the next 24hrs as an emergency hearing.

Hello and thank you for the question, and for coming back to me personally, it's appreciated. I’ll do my best to assist you and provide an accurate and speedy response. Please bear with me as this is an email service and not live chat. Also note that the discussions here are for general information purposes only and do not constitute a lawyer client relationship.

I’ll review and come back to you as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** has not allowed my son to visit me since I announced that I wanted to move him to public school, he's 9 years old.

Thank you for the additional information.

You do, essentially, need to make a specific issue order application.

This is the application to make where there is a disagreement over school choice.

The issue is separate to the time you spend with him though, of course, and his mother stopping contact because of this disagreement is something the court would frown upon.

The school in question should be able to keep the place on hold on the basis of the information that there is a court application in place to decide the outcome of the disagreement.

You can be firm in reminding the mother that disagreements between adults should not impact on the time you spend with your son and invite her to reconsider this decision before taking the matter to court.

I hope that this is helpful. A c100 application is the one you need to make for a specific issue order.

Can I clarify anything more for you?

I didn't hear from you again, but I trust that the information provided was of assistance.

Thank you for your enquiry today. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with requests for extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you. You can request me personally on a new question thread saving my profile as one of your preferred experts and by tagging me (@PLCLEGAL) at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Peter, thank you, ***** ***** I use the c100 for both the school issue and the contact reinstatement? Furthermore, her mother (children's grandmother) insights (and threatens me with) parental alienation she calls the shots WRT Mother's action, can I bring a separate case against her?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Sorry Peter I didn't get back to you after your initial response, I'd gone out to the gym

You can do both with the c100, yes. Technically breaching the order should be an enforcement application. But you can list two points under the specific issue order - 1. the school and 2. for contact to resume as per the previous order.

You can't bring a case against your child's grandparent in the family court unless you are applying for a non molestation order if they are harassing you.

I trust that clarifies the additional points for you?

plclegal and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you very much

My pleasure.