How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Solicitor4All Your Own Question
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7545
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Solicitor4All is online now

Background: My wife went to visit her sister on 28th of

Customer Question

Hi there,Background :
My wife went to visit her sister on 28th of January 2022, on 4th of feburary she left her sisters home and went to women refuge with my 3.5 year old daughter. We had no arguments or fights, she was talking to me and leading me on as normal. It came as a deep shock to me. Since she went to women refuge (over 3 months ago) I have no contact with my wife or my daughter. My wife is in contact with her family here in the UK and Morocco. I met my wife abroad in Morrocco, we only lived together for approximately one year. I am suspecting my wife used me to come to England and gain residence here ( sham marriage). This suspicion is on the basis she left marriage and went to women refuge right after I questioned her true intentions of marrying me ?Questions:
1. I want to gain access to my daughter, its been over 3 months I have not spoken to her. What options do I have in order to gain access other than going through the court ?2. If the court is the only option than what specific steps do I need to take to gain access ?Regards
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 6 days ago.

Hello there, how do you do? I am Solicitor4All. I am a law expert with over 15years practice. I am here to help you today. Thank you for the inquiry.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Are you still there ?
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 6 days ago.
Thank you for your patience. I am very sorry to hear of this. You will be required to go through mediation first through the family court, It may be difficult if she is in a refuge centre but you still contact the family court and if mediation fails they will give you the certificate you need in order to file the Child Arrangements Form, C100 in which you can request the contact with your child.
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 6 days ago.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send me your message. I am pleased to help you. all the best.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
HI, How do you suggest I should proceed with this ? I was thinking of hiring a direct access barrister ? or could this be done via solicitor ?
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 6 days ago.

Hi, either a solicitor or barrister will be ok to assist you. If finances are limited try they will have both for you to consider.