Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Where would i stand if i was paying a debt in my name which

Customer Question

Hi where would i stand if i was paying a debt in my name which belonged to my deceased partner we where not married ...debt was in porn shop and was his belonging and now his family are wanting it ...who has ownership it...... due to no will and contract being in my name ? Can you give any advise before his death and after
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: My names diane partners family issues
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: ....ive had to hand the contract over to them because they just see on my case about it.....
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
How long dies this take for reply
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 8 days ago.

You own the property the contract was in your name and you paid the debt so you own the items. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
its up to me what i do with it once i have it off and got it out of porn shop.... can i just double check his family have no rights over it even tho it was his but in my name ?

Yes up to you what you do with it. His family have no rights it is your property now. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay thank you for your help....

Happy to help, take care