ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

If the children mainly live with the father and sometimes

Customer Question

If the children mainly live with the father and sometimes live with the me (the mother) and I want to change that and have them live with me. The father is seeking lawyer help. Does he need to apply for a child arrangement order or will I ?
JA: Has a petition to modify custody been filed?
Customer: No but the kids live with the dad mainly because of my job
JA: What is the basis for the custody modification?
Customer: does he need to get a cao?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.
Hi welcome to justanswer
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi ! I have a few questions
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
If 3 children live with the father mainly but sometimes live with the mother. & the mother wants the children to live with her permanently but the father doesn’t want this & goes to a lawyer to get advise. Is it the father who needs to make a child arrangements order or the mother ?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. As it is you that wish for this change, the application must be made by you and not the father.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.

The first step in the process would be to see whether this can be arranged or agreed amicably. The court will first ask for you to show that the matter was mediated. If through mediation you are able to come to an agreement with respect to where the children will reside, you. Any file a consent order at court.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.

If this cannot me agreed amicably the next step would be for you to apply for a child arrangement order through the courts.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you Hi what about the father what can he do
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
How do I make the order - can u give me step by step
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.
Please see the above link. It really does set out step by step the documents that is required.