james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Can I get help with barrister fees, Yes. I have a hearing on

Customer Question

Can I get help with barrister fees
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in the family court?
Customer: Yes. I have a hearing on the 23rd of this month
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: It's will be help in the stockport family court
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have filled to be able to see my son
Expert:  james bruce replied 6 days ago.
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter. 

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

What is the court hearing in relation too?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Child matter. I have filed to be able to see my son. I have a fact finding hearing on the 23rd of May.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I need help with fees for the hearing

Do you have a solicitor representing you?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have a solicitor

and do you have legal aid with them?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No I paid privately. But the barrister fees are way more then I expected them to be

To receive legal aid you would need to apply via the solicitors. If you were not eligible for legal aid with them then you will not get it for the barrister.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I didn't apply for legal aid for my solicitors fee. So do you recommend I ask my solicitor to apply?

Yes, certainly speak with the solicitor as they are the people who would hold the legal aide contract not the barristers.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok thank you

your welcome.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.