ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I am getting a divorce and have had 1st hearing of fdr. I am

Hey. I am getting a divorce and have had 1st hearing of fdr. I am representing myself. The Court order states to share info on 9th May but his solicitor has not done this and I am supposed to pick one surveyor out of three tomorrow?! Can we do anything about lateness??
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in the family court?
Customer: Form e and questionnaire. We have had 1st hearing and an order was drawn up
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Portsmouth
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not really
Hi welcome to justanswer
I am Readylaw one of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Not yet thanks just about the missing deadline written in court order
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No thanks just a response please

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. This kind of practice is not unheard of. Practically you may write to the other side stating that you are aware of the breach of the court's order. You may state that if the information is not disclosed pursuant to the court's orders you will ask for sanctions against them.

Types of sanctions usually asked for in these circumstances is for cost to be imposed against them. You could therefore ask the judge to order cost against them.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Can I inform court prior to this and also will his lateness in following the order go in my favor?