Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

Split up over one year ago from partner of some 14 years, we

Good afternoon Pearl,
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Split up over one year ago from partner of some 14 years, we have a little boy, Morley, aged 6.5 years and now my ex-partner is stopping me to see Morley. Do you offer mediation services that would cover this issue?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in the family court?
Customer: I have not and to my knowledge nor has my ex-partner.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: Some time ago in Devon am now living in London
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Do you offer mediation services in child matters?

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today. Please note, Just Answer is an information sharing platform in a Q/A format and does not provide legal representation in any form and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Please further note , I am a third party professional and have no control over any payment /refunds /cancellations issues.

You can contact Just Answer`s Customers team for any admin issues , by clicking the below weblink-

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/contact-us or via phone call - 0808(###) ###-####/p>

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Hi there,

If you and your partner no longer together  then you need to make arrangements order regarding your son.

You and your ex-partner can avoid going to court hearings if you mutually agree on:

where the child will live

how much time he’ll spend with each parent

You can agree on child maintenance at the same time

If you both are not agreeing on the child arrangement conditions, you can go for a mediation service to get help in preparing to make arrangements and reaching an agreement with your partner.

So, if you and your partner do not agree on where the children live, their custody & contact, and financial support you can take the help of a mediator, local citizen Advice Bureau.

If you are not able to reach an agreement mutually or with the help of a mediator, you can apply to the court to decide and make a child arrangement order.

However, You must show you’ve attended a meeting to see if mediation is right for you before applying to a court.

You can approach your local council /citizen advice bureau , most of them have family mediation services.

Else you can find a local family mediator using the below weblink-

https://www.familymediationcouncil.org.uk/find-local-mediator/

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do you offer mediation services in matters relating to seeing my child?

Just Answer is an information sharing platform in a Q/A format, does not provide mediation or Legal representation services.

If you need further assistance or have a follow up question, then please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do you offer mediation services in children matters?

No, Just Answers does not provide mediation services.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Best wishes.