Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I am a romanian national with pre settled status in UK My

I am a romanian national with pre settled status in UK My divorce is not final in Romania yet but I am separated from my husband for more than 2 years now. He turned up once this month at my place in England without any warning or invitation and now I found out that he applied for pre settled status as family member. I am worried that he is going to follow me and harres me and he can be abusive. Is there a way of stopping him?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in the family court?
Customer: I am divorcing him in Romania. I don't know the law in UK
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today. Please note, Just Answer is an information sharing platform in a Q/A format and does not provide legal representation in any form and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Please further note , I am a third party professional and have no control over any payment /refunds /cancellations issues.

You can contact Just Answer`s Customers team for any admin issues , by clicking the below weblink-

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/contact-us or via phone call - 0808(###) ###-####/p>

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Hi there,

If you and your Husband marital relationship is not subsisting, then you need to inform Home office, regarding the breaking down of the relationship,

You need to send email to *****@******.***

with ‘MARRIAGE BREAKDOWN’ in the subject line.

With the following form you need to sign and attach.

e203c2b3-7794-4f8b-ace3-429b0dcfa8f3_Public_Statement_-_Relationship_No_Longer_Subsisting.doc

Home office can consider the factor that you and your husband has separated while deciding the application of your husband under the EU settlement scheme, or curtail the leave of your husband if already granted.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
this will stop him getting the status. Is there a way to stop him from coming near me, because he can cause real trouble and I am quite worried.He knows where I live and he knows where I work.

Yes, notifying Home office can result in his visa application getting rejected.

You can report him to the police if you think that he can harm you.

Else you can get injunction orders against him for not to contact you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What are the steps for getting the injunction orders?

Please post this as a new question by opening up a new post/question and FAO: Vineet S and I will be happy to help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

You are welcome.