ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

My 9 ur old daughter and 2 other friends had an aguement via

My 9 ur old daughter and 2 other friends had an aguement via Snapchat. The mother of one of the other children has taken screen shots of my daughters comments and has sent them onto other parents (who are not involved or parents of the other children involved) via Facebook without my consent. Is this legal?
JA: The Lawyer can help you determine if that's legal. Where are you located? These laws vary by location.
Customer: England UK
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Hi welcome to justanswer
I am Readylaw one of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Question as above
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No thank you
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just an answer to the above please

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. The court has recognized that there is a reasonable expectation of privacy in Whaats app messages.

The messages should therefore not have been shared without consent. You may raise this as an issue with the other child’s parent.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I need to be able to tell this person the title of what law/regulations have been breached and whether they relate to the messaging that was screen shot on snap chat being distributed without permission or if she has breached a law relating to her being an adult and my daughter a minor. Am I within my rights to ask her for a list of the recipients she has sent this to?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
In addition, the messages that have been screen shot were in private messaging on snap chat not on any open forum type chat

This grounded in a persons right to privacy which is provided for in Article 8 - This speaks to a persons the right to respect for your family and private life, your home and your correspondence is one the rights protected by the Human Rights Act.

You may request information as to who it would have been shared with.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

You are welcome