How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4721
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

I wonder whether you may need to help me. Please accept my

This answer was rated:

Hi, i wonder whether you may need to help me. Please accept my apologies for the long message. My ex and I both have parental responsibility for my son, He has regular visits with my ex, visiting on a tuesday after school for a few hours, and then he stays with him overnight, usually on a friday.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in the family court?
Customer: we have been working with the school and SAFE ealing due to constant belittling of my sons feelings by my ex, constant remakes abut how soft he is, how hes gay for wearing skinny jeans, previously how he's stupid, or stroppy ect. On his last overnight visit with his father, he came home with a large bruise. When i asked my Ex about it, he admitted that it was him, he hadnt meant to bruise him, but my child was being stroppy. I asked my child and he said that his dad ran up the stairs after him, Grabbed his arm, Threw him on the bed and whilst jabbing him in the shoulder, told him he had crossed the line. I've now discussed this with SAFE ealing and they've advised i take legal advice to stop access as not only has there now been a physical action, but continued contact is effecting my sons self esteem. I dont know what i am supposed to do, how i go about this, what my rights are ect. my son is 9
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: no yet, this is me reaching out.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: This has been an ongoing situation for the last 3-4 years, with no change in behavior and no willingness to fix himself from my sons father thank you
Hi welcome to justanswer
I am Readylaw one of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i mean, it's a longer story than this, this is the most recent part
I really do appreciate any assistance you can give me
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
just typing to check my computer isnt frozen

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. Based on what you have described, contact could be stopped or ordered to be supervised.

Supervised contact could mean that the child no longer meets with him outside the presence of an adult.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok great, so do you know how i go about this please?

It is likely that the court would grant such an order as the court always looks at what is in the child’s best interest. The first step to take, therefore, would be to report this issue to social service. They are  likely to have the matter investigated.

In addition you may apply to the court to formalise what you wish to take place. You may do this using the form c100. Please see below link with information regarding this.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate your help. May i just clarify, is this form ok to use if we were not married?

Yes it is. It is just a child arrangement order application form.

ReadyLaw and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you