Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My husband has dementia and I am an attorney for both his

My husband has dementia and I am an attorney for both his finances and health and welfare. It is time to find a permanent care home for him. When he moves out of our home does he still pay towards the household bills or will I need to take these costs on myself.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in the family court?
Customer: The LPA was registered back in 2015, and I am looking after his finances now. I know receipts must be kept but I also know that anything he normally paid for such as household bills and family birthday/Christmas presents can continue at the moment, but it is when he moves out I am not sure of.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Cambridgeshire
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK . Thanks Jeremy

Yes so he can continue to contribute to household bills and gifts/birthday presents as he would have done in the past. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you Jeremy. That was a big help. I didn't want to do anything illegal. Nanette

Happy to help, take care