MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

I’ve had a non-molestation order against me, however all the

Customer Question

I’ve had a non-molestation order against me, however all the allegations are false. I have the evidence, however have been advised to getting legal advice. The accusations caused me to lose my job today, and I do not have funding to pay for a solicitor, when I have done thing wrong and have all the evidence.
JA: Was a protective order issued? What were the basic terms?
Customer: No just not to go near or post on social media about her, however she has already accused me of banging on her door although my location was not even in the area and I have proof to back this up.
JA: Is there ongoing abuse or harassment? Were the police called?
Customer: I want no contact with her and the police were called when she reported it and they did not investigate as they knew it was a lie
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The girl has had me arrested for rape in which I was realesed with NFA, the girl has admitted to false allegations.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have also been told I am not eligible for legal aid due to only losing my job recently, which I feel is unfair. I have been told I have 7 days to send my evidence over to her solicitor however I’m scared she will make up more lies.
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The judge has said to me there is a way in which I can refuse the accusations and the order goes ahead, is this worth it?

Yes, it is indeed worth it especially since she admitted to the false allegations.

By law, a person who deliberately makes a false allegation of a crime in the knowledge that there is a risk that the police will conduct an investigation would have committed one of the relevant offences and is liable to be prosecuted subject to public interest considerations.

You could sue her for defamation since it was purely a false allegation.

Also, once you are accused of sexual abuse, there are certain things that you must - and must not - do:

First is do not contact the girl who is accusing you of sexual abuse. In any event, do not speak to the complainant, whether in person or via the phone, text message, or email because attempting to communicate with the complainant could damage your case.

Next, you need to choose a criminal defence solicitor who specialises in defending accusations of sexual abuse in any case please let me know if you would like me to provide details on how to locate one close to your home address.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The rape allegations have been no furthered actioned and now I’m dealing with the no Molestation order
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The girl has attempted to contact me after accusing me asking me to go back round
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
But I’m also looking to sue for defamation how would I go about doing this?

No, do not attempt to communicate with the girl or answer her calls.

Depending on the matter of how the rumor is spread, the perpetrator can be held liable for these two forms of defamation: 1) slander (if it was orally made and spread around), or 2) libel (if the rumor was spread on a platform such as social media, or online).

However, for a person to be held liable for defamation, you must be able to prove that the statement has caused or is likely to cause serious harm to your reputation.

If you want to make a defamation claim, then you may need to get the assistance of a local solicitor who can take up your claim with the courts. There are many solicitors that specialize in the field of defamation law, and some of them offer a "no-win, no-fee" arrangement, where in the event that you don’t win the litigation, you won’t have to pay any legal fees. Would you like me to provide details on how to locate one close to your home address?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
please!
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Nn8 3rh is my postcode

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ - you can use the following link to find a no win no fee solicitor in your area using your postcode. Make sure to ask them if they do the case on a no win no fee basis.

In the website above, there is a drop-down menu for "Your Legal Issue". You can also input your postcode, town, or city, so you can locate a solicitor near your area.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you! In regards ***** ***** non molestation order, I don’t have the funding available. Can I choose the option where she can have it but I refuse the allegations are true

Unfortunately, no. You should challenge it. Since the application against you is unfounded and unsupported by facts, you have the right to contest it.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have also requested my arrest file is deleted as it affects my career is this the right thing to do
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Would I also be eligible to get an injunction against her for harassment
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Also is there an alternative to get a solicitor as the costs are way to high

Yes, you are eligible to apply for an injunction and it is free to apply.

You can use this form to apply for an injunction: Form N16A: Application for an injunction (General form)

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.