How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11889
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

I got submitted divorce against my partner in 2018 and it is

Customer Question

Hi,I got submitted divorce against my partner in 2018 and it is still going on and upon chasing that i was told it may take another 2 years all together if everything goes smoothly.
While my case was in the court my wife has also applied for divorce from me which was online and than teh sitenever worked even after chasing them several times. Then they sent it by post to complete and send it back to them by post. I was not sure while my case is in the court she can also apply. She put many allegations against me of domestic violence and other things which were not true as she could not prove any of them and court barred her from submitting any more allegations as she never proved any and there were no consistency in her statements.
Anyway my question here is which way is the fastest now to get divorce.
Shell i withdraw my case and reply to her divorce or both can be processed at the same time.
another worry i got is that if i withdraw and response to her case will it be better?
Secondly to send anything to court takes min 30 weeks before they respond. that is extremely frustrating.
i am thinking to go to court office and protest in person. Please advice me how can i get it done faster is there anyway.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 18 days ago.
Hi thank you for your message I will respond
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 18 days ago.
You should continue with your current proceedings, if her application for divorce has been allocated to a court you should email them attaching an email from the court where your case is proceeding and confirming that it is proceeding and was issued before hers and asking them therefore to dismiss her petition for divorce to avoid duplication. It may take some time for your case to progress though a further two years seems excessive and I would hope it would be dealt with quicker though there is no fast track procedure sadly. Finally protesting at the court office won’t help though you can complain to HMCTS here if you wish:
I trust this assists
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for using JA