Solicitor4All
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I‘m German and my fiance is British and we live together in

Customer Question

Hi there, I‘m German and my fiance is British and we live together in London. We‘re planning to get married in Germany in August and I would like the get a prenup or postnup done to protect my financial assets and the significabt money I‘m set to inherit in the future. What is the best option here? As I read that a German prenup is not legally binding in the UK.
JA: What are the basic terms of the prenup?
Customer: It would be to ensure that any money brought into the marriage is not being split 50:50 in case of a divorce. It should also define that we‘d be equally responsible financially for any kids in the future.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this prenup question?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 16 days ago.

Hello there, how do you do? 

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi there!

I am SolicitorAll a law Expert with over 15 years in practice. It is my pleasure to assist you today. Thank you for the inquiry

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
what are your thoughts on the matter?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hello? Are you still there?

Yes I am thank you for all the Update, Please leave it with me for now, I will respond once done rest assured this evening.Thank you

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok thank you
Thank you very much for your patience. If you are planning to return and reside in the uk the best is to get the prenup agreement done here in England and Wales and although it may not be enforceable against real assets outside the jurisdiction money anywhere in the world and real assets (property in England and Wales ) will be covered. You may need to have a separate one covering what is in Germany.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message, always glad to assist and to clarify anything for you, all the best

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok thanks

You are welcome