How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marcinlondon Your Own Question
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 859
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Marcinlondon is online now

My husband and myself are seperating he says he will move

Customer Question

My husband and myself are seperating he says he will move out but as ots his home he will come when ever he wants and how long he wants to see the kids he will leave his stuff in the house as well. I dont want that .
JA: What steps have you and your husband taken? Have they filed any papers in the family court?
Customer: what is my legal right to say no
JA: The Family Lawyer will be able to walk you through that. Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you and your husband live in?
Customer: uk
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: he earns a lot and maintains the house and oays for kids private education I am a student midwife working on a zero hours contract so nowhere near have the financial powers he has
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 18 days ago.

Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online. You will have a chance to request a call. You will see an automatic prompt. Please feel free to request it but do not feel obliged to do so. Please do note that my response is not instantaneous but I will always aim to get back to you on the same day with my answer, or request more information, if appropriate. Lastly, please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and do not replace any legal advice you might need, and does not create a lawyer-client relationship. Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.

Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 18 days ago.

I am sorry to hear about this. Until you get divorced and split your finances, and provide there is no legal restrictions on him to come close to you and/or the kids (such as a restraining order) he has the right to visit his home and leave his belongings.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I am asking about what happens after. I already know what you have just told me I need to know what I can do after divorce
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 18 days ago.

That depends on how the assets are split.

Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 18 days ago.

If the home is his, you may be asked to leave.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
the home is in both our names we have three children
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
i thought the law said marital homes split 50 50
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 18 days ago.

Then when the home becomes yours part of your financial settlement then you can impose any restrictions you wish.

Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 18 days ago.

I hope this was helpful. Please feel free to get back with anything else. I will help to the extent I can.