Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

What’s my nephews right he lives with his grandad and he is

Customer Question

What’s my nephews right he lives with his grandad and he is I’ll has been in same house 25vyears with him the family are putting him out it’s a shared ownership 55 council 45 my father in law
JA: Who currently has legal custody?
Customer: Grandad got custody of him when he was 6vmonth due to neglect
JA: Is there a child custody order in place?
Customer: Well I don’t no he is 26vnow how will I find out
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 16 days ago.

Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online. You will have a chance to request a call. You will see an automatic prompt. Please feel free to request it but do not feel obliged to do so. Please do note that my response is not instantaneous but I will always aim to get back to you on the same day with my answer, or request more information, if appropriate. Lastly, please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and do not replace any legal advice you might need, and does not create a lawyer-client relationship. Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.

I am sorry to hear about this. Is your nephew on the lease, as I note the council owns 45%?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No grandad on the lease but he is signed everything over to a son who is going to put his belongings on street

I see. Legally, he doesn't have any claim to the property. But you could bring this to the council's attention.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No just want to no if he can just put him out legally yes or no it’s his home for 25 years

Legally, they can.

I am sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

However, pleas check with the council as they can intervene!

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Do they have to give him a home
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I will thanks

If he is at risk to be homeless, yes, they have a duty to house him.

No problem, I hope everything works out well for you and your nephew. Best wishes and thank you for using our service.