How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1665
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

My ex has been proven to be sleeping with underage girls and

Customer Question

My ex has been proven to be sleeping with underage girls and now I’m worried for my son
JA: Where are they? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Chelford Cheshire
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: he’s on the birth certificate
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 15 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 15 days ago.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
My sons dad has been proven to have slept with a 14 year old , he doesn’t provide financially towards our son, he winds me up to the point I’m crying my eyes out Infront of my children and my daughter who isn’t his has cried multiple times that she doesn’t like him cos he’s nasty. What can I do? He’s on the birth certificate
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 15 days ago.

Generally, there are many steps you can take to recover 'child maintenance' from your ex-husband. Child maintenance can be either: (1) a private arrangement between you and the other parent, or (2) made through the Child Maintenance Service (CMS) - a government scheme.

You can also attempt to mediate the matter first via family mediation. A family mediator will assist both of you in coming into an agreement. To find a family mediator, you can check this website:

If you feel that a family mediator will not work, you can try to make an application with CMS directly. They can be contacted at 0800(###) ###-#### Their representative will be able to guide you further and will notify your ex-husband that you are claiming child maintenance.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 15 days ago.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.