How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-advocate
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7551
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

How much does it cost please? for my brother frimley surrey,

Customer Question

How much does it cost please?
JA: The answer cost depends on the issue and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit. Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: for my brother frimley green surrey
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: decree nisi awarded, about to obtain absolute, no financial agreement yet in place, still living in same house.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The wife is an abuser. House is registered as being at medium risk of domestic abuse by Surrey police. Julie, the wife, is the aggressor. Martin is terrified of his wife. He is scared of doing anything that will displease her. She applied for the divorce but expected him to “woo” her back, he wants to proceed. He panics about any confrontation with her. She is vicious. Martins actually my brother in law and Julie is my sister. I have been writing to social services about her abusing her children since 2012. One child was placed on a child protection plan. He is a broken man which is why I am helping him. He is very decent and my sister is not.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi, I know how much it costs now, so my question is…
My sister has a horse that is costing £800 a month. My brother in law wants to know, even though they are still living together until the house is sold, and with no financial agreement yet in place, if he gets the decree absolute and a credit report dissassociaton , could he stop paying this huge amount for the horse every month without debt collection agencies coming after him. Or, are they still tied together financially until the divorce settlement is agreed upon? The horse has NEVER been ridden and my sister only goes to see it maybe 4 times a year. She is financially ruining that family. Thank you so much, janette Howard.
Expert:  james bruce replied 17 days ago.
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Expert:  james bruce replied 17 days ago.
Your brother in law should seek to obtain a non molestation order form the court against his partner. Thai is a court injunction that will prohibit her having contact with hon, coming near him , etc It is a powerful order to have over someone and gives him protection.

The order can be applied for online to start with. There would be a court hearing later often by video conference.

As for the horse, has he signed any contracts for where the horse is kept? if not and only she has, then he is not liable for her debt.

I hope that helps.

I have attached a link for the non molestation order.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
That is really helpful, thank you so much.
Expert:  james bruce replied 17 days ago.

your very welcome.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi James, in relation to the above non molestation order. My brother in law, adult nephews and abusive sister will be living together in the same house for several more months. Her aggression towards my brother in law and my youngest nephew ( 21 yrs old and the child who was placed on a protection plan ) is increasing and I fear for their safety. Can a non molestation order be put in place whilst they are still having, through financial necessity, to live together? Obviously they can’t avoid each other in the house completely but it might calm her aggression if she knows she is at risk of arrest if she attacks them. I’m so grateful for your advice in this matter. Many thanks, janette.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Sorry , I should also tell you. My brother in law has Asperger’s and this too makes him extremely vulnerable and sensitive to her verbal onslaughts. I believe she is a real physical threat to my nephew too.
Expert:  james bruce replied 16 days ago.

Although more unusual to do so, yes the order can still be put in place with them living in the same property. The order normally prohibits contact, attending a property and so on, but it can be made so the people are in the same address, but that they must refrain from the forms of abuse they carry out or face further action.

The order is made in the civil court, but once made any breach is a criminal offence and dealt with in the magistrates court.

The person granted the order would only need to cal, the police to report the breach and the person the order is made against can be arrested. It is a powerful order.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you James , that is such a relief. We will set that in place immediately. We are truly grateful. Many many thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  james bruce replied 16 days ago.
your welcome.

Good luck.