How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6168
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

I require help gaining a non molestation order with

Customer Question

I require help gaining a non molestation order with financial aid
JA: Was a protective order issued? What were the basic terms?
Customer: No I have separated from my wife and she's been coming to our family home causing alarm harrasment and distress to me. Even though she has been advised to have minimal contact
JA: Is there ongoing abuse or harassment? Were the police called?
Customer: Police have never been called. But she's has a crime number but says its a formal complaint even though it says generating investigation
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: L have a log of all the times she's been at the home or out at the park with our youngest children
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 15 days ago.

Hello, how are you today? 

My name is ***** ***** I am going to see if I can assist with your query. Let me just read your first post. I may need to ask you additional questions after I have read it, and if I do, they will appear below. It is important you answer all the questions I ask, so that I have the information I need to give you an accurate response. JA is a Q&A website, and this ‘chat’ is email based, which means responses may not be immediate. Do rest assured however, that I will be providing you with an answer to your query today.

The site will offer a phone call, this is automated and it is important for you to know that I do not make calls. I will answer your query online.

Please confirm that you have read and understood this message and then we can begin.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I require to put in place a non molestation order as my wife keeps coming into my home causing arguments and causing a scene outside. She's been advised to have minimal contact but has been coming out to the park with our youngest children on numerous occasions and waiting till we return to start arguments
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 15 days ago.

If there has been a recent incident, in the last seven days, you will be able to apply for a non molestation order (NMO) on an urgent without notice basis. This means that you should get a hearing in the next day or two and the court will decide on whether to grant an interim order or whether to list the matter for a hearing so that the respondent can attend court to answer to the allegations about him/her.

If the court grants an interim order it will need to be served on the respondent before it is effective.

Non Molestation Order, form FL401:

You might be able to get help with completing the application and the statement you have to write to accompany it, from - they are a charity. There is no court fee to file the FL401.

You might be eligible for legal aid and should check here:

If not eligible for legal aid, you can find a solicitor here:

You have the right not to be abused. You can obtain support and guidance from the following organisations:

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 15 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Would a prohibited steps order be the same procedure?
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 15 days ago.

No, a PSO is for the children, not you.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
OK she was saying about a contact centre what would be the stipulations with this? Would she be only allowed to spend time with my children there or take them from it?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Also what is minmal contact? She has been spend 2-3 hours here most days whilst remaining silent until she's about to go when she starts causing a scene
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 15 days ago.

Your query was about a non molestation order - can I check that I have answered that query fully for you?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I think so thank you
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 15 days ago.


We are limited to responding to one legal query per thread - and your query about child contact is completely separate to the non molestation order query which I have answered.  Can you open a new thread please.  See below for instructions if you'd like my assistance.

To open a new question for me, please put FORCustomerONLY in the subject heading of a new thread.

 Alternatively, once you have rated this question, you will get the option to add me as a favourite expert from your membership page. Then, when you wish to ask me another query, you can then simply type “@“ followed by my name in your next chat, e.g. @SASH_Law.