How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Solicitor4All Your Own Question
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7837
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Solicitor4All is online now

I am going through a divoirce, i have a riding school

Customer Question

i am going through a divoirce, i have a riding school buisnnes that i started prior to meeting my now husband. i am wanting to remorgae my buissness to buy a new field and stables and extend the business. would my husband then be entiteld to the extention of the buisness . he has not had any part in the buisness and no funds added to the busness from marital funds
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in the family court?
Customer: first stage of diviorce i am in the first 20 week waiting piriod
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: huddersfield west yorkshire
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: unsure
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 17 days ago.

A very good day to you there, how do you do?

Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 17 days ago.

My name is Solicitor4All a law expert with over 15years practice. I will be helping you today. Thank you for the inquiry.

Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 17 days ago.

First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues brought up by this. It must be a frustrating situation to be going through Please leave the inquiry with me and i will prepare a response for you here this afternoon. Thank you.

Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 17 days ago.
Thank you for your patience. If it’s your self employment business as opposed to limited company then yes he will be entitled to a share as long as it’s before financial order is finalised. If limited company the. Yes he would share in the dividend you get.
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 17 days ago.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. We are always glad to assist and clarify if you return for further guidance. All the best

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
its a self employed business when you say a share can you specify what this could be as we are talking about a property worth £250 thousand and reinvesting £170 thousand. The auction for the land is on the 5th of July this year so yes it would be before final order of the divorce. If i were not to reinvest would he be entitled to a share of the original property?
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 16 days ago.

As married then courts will always start at 50/50 share. If you didn’t reinvest it will be whatever money you made on the sale of the original property.