How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-advocate
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7560
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

I'm looking to relocate within England with my daughter. Her

This answer was rated:

I'm looking to relocate within England with my daughter. Her mother and l separated 6 months ago and she moved out of our home four weeks ago as she has an ongoing issue with drugs. I'm the main carer for our 2 year old and the mother was happy for this move to happen as my family is where l want to move too for support. I looked at caffcass online and drew up a parenting plan. As this move is now coming close, my daughter's mother (my ex partner) is backtracking about this move abd has threatened to have me beaten up and to call the police with abduction if l move.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in the family court?
Customer: No, none.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: Intially spoke to a solicitor about a written agreement, which led me to the caffcass parenting plan.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not that l'm aware of. What is the cost of this please??
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

If there are issues with your partner / ex partner, then yes certainly involve cafcass for the plane as you have done.

You may also need to consider a court order regarding custody and child arrangements, clearly the mother is going to cause problems.

A C100 child arrangements order may be the best way forward.

As she is on drugs, and making threats, clearly there is risk to you and the child.

You could therefore also consider a non molestation order against her, to stop her threats of violence and being near you and the child especially whilst on drugs.

The Lin here could help obtain such an order.

As there are a number of issues here, cafcass, possibly child arrangements / custody, non molestation etc, you may consider instructing a family law firm to represent you. Legal aid may be available. The following link will allow you to look for a legal aid law firm.

Enter a local post code, select the area of law, ie family, crime etc and a list of local firms will be displayed, then all you do is simply call one.

Also as she has made threats to harm you, that could also be reported to the police.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
verbal threats nut nothing on messages or voice recordings l have. If l moved can l be done for abduction??

The threats are till threats so the actions I explained still apply.

If you are the legal father with parental responsibility then no, it is not child abduction. You are taking th echoed to a safe environment.

You could also involve social services, they would certainly  not be keen on her having the child if she is a drug addict.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Not at this moment. Thank you for your help.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

james bruce and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you