Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

We have two field in La Grand Mare Guernsey the hotel has

Customer Question

We have two field in La Grand Mare Guernsey the hotel has purchased four fields next to a lane path that is owned by the landowners adjoining the lane. Just after they purchased the fields a sign appeared in the lane and a bollard. The sign restricts lane access and the bollard has a key. They don't own the lane. She it be left as no one really walks down the lane?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today. Please note, Just Answer is an information sharing platform in a Q/A format and does not provide legal representation in any form and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Please further note , I am a third party professional and have no control over any payment /refunds /cancellations issues.

You can contact Just Answer`s Customers team for any admin issues , by clicking the below weblink-

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/contact-us or via phone call - 0808(###) ###-####/p>

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

Hi there,

Could you please confirm if you have right of way over that lane to go to your fields ?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It's a lane to the coast vazon it's not owned by the States of Guernsey there is no entrance into the lane but it birders it for 300 feet
Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

Well, if due to the purchase of the lane by the hotel, and restricting access to it, only those who have access to the land via RoW  can take action against the new restrictions imposed by the new owners, as only they have locus standi to take action here and have legal remedy by approaching court for injunction orders.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
This is the lane sign and bollard
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
we can it changed if needed?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

Yes, if this new sign /restrictions stops you from reaching your fields on vehicle /tractor etc.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.