ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

My daughter is 15 years old, I haven't spoken to her in a

Customer Question

Hi, my daughter is 15 years old, I haven't spoken to her in a couple of months I call and text her weekly, but receive no reponses. Her mother and I don't get along and our last communication when I asked about my daughter was told, she didn't want to speak to me and that the mother was going to support this. Is there anything I can do, I'd at least like to know how my daughter is?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in the family court?
Customer: No, I wasn't aware I could, my ex made it clear there wasn't anything I could do because she is 15
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in Banbury and my daughter lives in Chipping Norton with her mother
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I'm not sure what information they would need?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.
Hi welcome to justanswer
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I just need help with how I can speak with my daughter in the above chat.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
20/06/2022 02:20Hi, my daughter is 15 years old, I haven't spoken to her in a couple of months I call and text her weekly, but receive no reponses. Her mother and I don't get along and our last communication when I asked about my daughter was told, she didn't want to speak to me and that the mother wasgoing to support this. Is there anything I can do, I'd at least like to know how my daughter is?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in the family court?
Customer: No, I wasn't aware I could, my ex made it clear there wasn't anything I could do because she is 15
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in Banbury and my daughter lives in Chipping Norton with her mother
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I'm not sure what information they would need?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. You may make an application to the court for visitation/contact with the child.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.

The court requires for you to first attempt to resolve this amicably via mediation. If an agreement is arrived at you may for Alice this via the court. If you are unable to come to an agreement you may apply to the court for what is called a child arrangement order for the court to make a formal decision with respect to you being able to see the child and at what times.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.

As the child is 15, you may still make this application.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thats great, I don't suppose you have any template of text when I speak to my ex about this, I don't want to come across in a way that annoys her and I want to be clear and concise in what I what from this, as she has a way of ignoring me or just telling me my daughter doesn't want to, and leaves it at that. But I need to get it across to her that we need to get this sorted as soon as possible
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.

Unfortunately I don’t have template. You may write something and copy and paste it here. I will review it for you.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Amanda, I've beed trying to contact Melissa for a whilenow and haven't heard from her. I'd like to know how she is and what she's up to, in school and in general. However my main concern is why she isn't answering my texts or calls. Do you think it will be worthwhile meeting up one afternoon to chat about this, as it needs to be resolved and I can't do that if I don't know what the problem is. If the both of you don't want to speak to me directly or tell me whats going on, I'd be happy to set up a mediation session instead. Let me know your thoughts?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
How about that?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 13 days ago.

I think what you have written is fine as it is. You may include at the end after the mediation session the following. “ If you think we would benefit from attending mediation, I am open to attending a session with a jointly agreed mediator. I have come across the family mediation council. Please see their information below:

https://www.familymediationcouncil.org.uk

Let me know your thoughts.”