How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4095
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

How do I apply for a specific court order without having the

Customer Question

How do I apply for a specific court order without having the fathers details and address I am trying to apply for a passport for my child the father is on the birth certificate but we have had no contact in over 2 years
JA: Who currently has legal custody?
Customer: We are both on the birth certificate she has been with me since she was born there is no custody arrangements between me and him he was doing her in an access centre after mediation which he stopped
JA: Is there a child custody order in place?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Don't think so
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Vineet S replied 17 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today. Please note, Just Answer is an information sharing platform in a Q/A format and does not provide legal representation in any form and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Please further note , I am a third party professional and have no control over any payment /refunds /cancellations issues.

You can contact Just Answer`s Customers team for any admin issues , by clicking the below weblink- or via phone call - 0808(###) ###-####/p>

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 17 days ago.

Hi there,

If the address of the Ex partner is unknown, then you can request the court to serve papers using alternate methods, -serving the papers to his workplace or any relatives/friends place , or to serve papers via fax/emails.

Secondly , if you have no contact with any of your Ex's  relatives/friends or do not have his/her email /fax, then you can apply to the court for a disclosure order from HMRC.

his order is made against HM Revenue and Customs and you will need to provide your spouse’s date of birth, NI number if you have it and also their last known address.

HMRC will then look through their database and try to find an address for them. If they find an address they will write to the court.

The court will then send the court papers to that address. If they do not respond, the matter goes through without their consent.

Finally, if there is no way of finding your Ex or any relative, then you can apply to the court to dispense with service of the court notice and order Ex-parte (in the absence of the party)

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Expert:  Vineet S replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.